What do you want to accomplish in 2019? Whether you want to land your dream job, lose a few pounds, or spice up your romantic life, a gorgeous smile can give you the confidence you need to achieve your goals. But what if your teeth are plagued by serious aesthetic flaws? A cosmetic dentist can give you a smile makeover in Marietta that will transform your teeth, improve your oral health, and make you feel like your best self.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is not a dental treatment. Rather, it is a treatment plan that your cosmetic dentist in Marietta designs to address your unique needs. It can include both restorative and cosmetic treatments that work together to improve the way your teeth look and function. Some of the restorative components of a smile makeover may include:
- Dental implants
The purely cosmetic treatments in a smile makeover might include:
- Professional teeth whitening
- Porcelain veneers
- Direct bonding
Some patients also require orthodontic treatment to get their teeth into proper alignment and achieve the beautiful, healthy smile they want.
Designing Your Smile Makeover
When you visit your dentist for a consultation, they will discuss your smile goals, budget, and personal preferences with you. They’ll also talk to you about the aesthetics aspects of your smile that contribute to its overall look. For example, you might discuss:
- Tooth length. Short, stubby teeth can make you appear older than your age. Veneers or direct bonding can reshape your front teeth and make them appear larger.
- Smile line. Your smile line is an imaginary line that runs along the tops of your upper teeth when you smile. Its shape can help determine the ideal length for your teeth.
- Tooth proportions. Misshapen teeth, or teeth that are naturally too big or small, can make your smile appear disproportionate. Reshaping such teeth can go a long way toward transforming your look.
- Tooth texture and characterization. Your dentist can perform treatments that give your teeth a more masculine or more feminine appearance.
Once you understand exactly what your smile makeover will involve and what it will accomplish, you can begin treatment.
Maintaining Your Results
After your dentist puts the finishing touches on your new look, you’ll want to do everything you can to maintain your grin’s new brilliance. Here are a few guidelines to help you protect your makeover’s results:
- Avoid tooth-damaging habits, like smoking or consuming large amounts of sugar
- Stick to a rigorous daily oral hygiene routine
- Visit your dentist for routine checkups at least twice a year
- Protect your teeth from trauma by not using them as a tool and by always wearing a mouthguard when you play sports
- Minimize staining by drinking coffee, red wine, and other dark beverages in moderation.
Do you want to begin 2019 with new confidence? Visit your dentist to the ball rolling on your smile makeover.
Posted on behalf of Envision Dental
130 Vann Street NE Ste #210
Marietta, GA 30060
Phone: (770) 425-0448Mon - Thur 8AM - 5PM