Do you want to improve your appearance, but you are not sure where to start? Instead of undergoing invasive cosmetic surgery, start with your smile. It is one of the first facial features people notice about you, as a bright, straight smile can make you look youthful and attractive. Our cosmetic dentists at Envision Dental will create a smile makeover customized for you using aesthetic restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as teeth whitening, veneers, Invisalign® or all-ceramic restorations.
Achieving your new smile begins with a consultation. Dr. Seekand or one of our other cosmetic dentists will evaluate the current condition of your teeth and gums, listen to your wishes and create a unique plan for your smile makeover. The plan will be tailored to the smile you want and also accommodate your schedule and budget.
The Benefits of a Smile Makeover
The benefits of a smile makeover go well beyond changing your smile – it can change how you feel about yourself. For example, many people with unattractive smiles are genuinely unhappy about their teeth. Many may try to suppress a smile or use their hands to hide unsightly teeth when they do smile. With a smile makeover, your cosmetic dentist can give you teeth that are white, well-shaped and straight so you will be proud to share that happy smile. It can improve your appearance and boost your confidence in social or professional settings.
In addition, having an attractive smile can be a key component to oral health. The health and beauty of your teeth are closely linked, and your oral health is connected to your overall health. Unhealthy teeth increase your risk for gum disease, a bacterial infection that has been connected to systemic illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease or stroke. Unhealthy teeth can also cause bad breath, another issue that can impact your confidence.
How to Maintain Results
After your smile makeover in Marietta, you will want to maintain that beautiful new smile. Here are some tips from our cosmetic dentist:
- Modify your oral hygiene routine – Be sure to use non-abrasive toothpaste and a toothbrush with soft bristles. You don’t want to scratch the surface of your new smile.
- Floss every day – Flossing is essential to removing debris and plaque from between your teeth. This practice is particularly important if you have porcelain veneers that depend on healthy gum tissue.
- Only use alcohol-free mouthwashes – Rinses with alcohol can harm composite fillings and wear down the bond between dental crowns or veneers and your teeth.
- Watch what you eat and drink – Limit sugary treats that increase your chance for tooth decay. Likewise, too much alcohol can ruin your dental work. Try to stay away from coffee, tea, red wine and other deeply colored beverages and foods that could stain your new smile.
- Guard your teeth – If you grind your teeth, be sure to ask our dentist for a mouthguard that you can wear when you sleep. Also, never bite your nails or chew on pencils, pens, ice cubes or other hard objects that can easily chip restorations.
With proper oral hygiene at home and regular checkups, you can expect the investment in your smile makeover to last for 10 years or more.
How Much Does It Cost?
Many people want to know how much a smile makeover costs and the answer depends on a number of considerations. First, there is the current condition of your oral health and the number and type of treatments required. There may be some restorative work necessary before our cosmetic dentist can begin the makeover. Your dental insurance may cover some of the restorative services.
Second, it depends on what cosmetic services we perform for your smile makeover – this can vary greatly from patient to patient.
If you would like more information about a smile makeover at Envision Dental, contact our office in Marietta today.